Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank ISM from imported .INC

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Gday all!

I am having a weird problem, done lots of snapshots of applications without any problems, but this particular app, snapshots fine, opens up in repackager, all the files and registry settings are there, and not excluded, the installdir is set correctly etc, but when I build it and then edit it in Developer, it is totally blank, Installdir is set to [ProgramFiles]Your Company Name etc ... I changed all this in the snapshot process.

I am using Installshield Adminstudio 5 with the vp1 installed, on Windows XPsp1 workstation

There are no erros during the conversion process ... its all very odd...

Can anyone help?
(5) Replies
Is there anything in the conversion process that says like unknown error. This typically results in a blank ism file. Also just to check you are not excluding everything are you.
I've had this before. When you build it from your INC, are you missing a stealthy error that says"an unknown error occured". Oddly enough, after this message, it states that "Conversion Completed".

The fix for me was to go to the Advanced Settings tab and uncheck the "replace Merge Modules whenever possible" check box.

Also odd, was that this package didn't have any Merge Modules. But once I unchecked that, everything worked fine.
I am having the same problem!

I unchecked the merge module box and that did not correct the issue. I do have a lot of files though, like over 9000 included in this project. I was thinking since I get an unknown error occured while its creating components that maybe I am reaching some limitation or something.

Any ideas?
The number of files, 9000 files, shouldn't be the problem. r1rider, your problem will be better served at mySupport.
TsungH wrote:
The number of files, 9000 files, shouldn't be the problem. r1rider, your problem will be better served at mySupport.

I called support and they told me to exclude all the files and start to include them back one by one until I got it narrowed down to the problem.

So what I did to fix it was exclude all files and then create the ISM. I then went back and Included all the files back again and now it compiles into the ISM with no problems. Very strange, but it worked.