cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated Application Converter Eval Issue

I get errors when trying to Convert to Virtual Packages. VMware Workstation is on a different PC than the Adminstudio install. I don't know if that is the problem or not....

[2:08:26 Host System - (none)] Processing packages...
[2:08:26 Host System - Sample Application Source] Repackaging is required for components with conditions.
[2:08:26 Windows 7 Clean Machine - (none)] Using virtual machine Windows 7 Clean Machine
[2:08:26 Host System - (none)] Packaging and Virtualizing packages...
[2:08:26 Windows 7 Clean Machine - (none)] VirtualMachine: VIX Error: 22001
[2:08:26 Host System - Sample Legacy Application] Virtualizing package...
[2:08:26 Host System - Sample Legacy Application] Converting to Microsoft App-V.
[2:08:27 Windows 7 Clean Machine - (none)] VirtualMachine: VIX Error: 9
[2:08:27 Windows 7 Clean Machine - (none)] Error 4390 controlling virtual machine: Failed connecting to image: 0x065b (LE:0000 XE:0009 in CVirtualMachineController::Create:89)
[2:08:27 Host System - (none)] Failure processing packages.
[2:08:29 Host System - Sample Legacy Application] Conversion to Microsoft App-V completed with 0 errors.
[2:08:29 Host System - Sample Legacy Application] Virtualizing complete with 0 conversion errors.
[2:08:29 Host System - Sample Application Target] Virtualizing package...
[2:08:29 Host System - Sample Application Target] Converting to Microsoft App-V.
[2:08:34 Host System - Sample Application Target] Error -9006 virtualizing package: An error occurred while decompressing the package '\\dmtest-mem-bob\AdminStudioShared\Packages\3\SampleApplicationTarget.Msi'. Return Code 1603
[2:08:35 Host System - Sample Application Target] Conversion to Microsoft App-V completed with 1 errors.
[2:08:35 Host System - Sample Application Target] Virtualizing complete with 1 conversion errors.
[2:08:35 Host System - (none)] Done virtualizing packages
(3) Replies
MichaelU
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran
22001 – VIX_E_WRAPPER_WORKSTATION_NOT_INSTALLED
Service type VIX_SERVICEPROVIDER_VMWARE_WORKSTATION was specified, but not installed.
It sounds like you need to install a copy of workstation, or of VIX, on your machine that's running the Automated Application Converter.
MichaelU wrote:
It sounds like you need to install a copy of workstation, or of VIX, on your machine that's running the Automated Application Converter.

Hi MichaelU,

I have installed vix-api on the machine that has Automated Application Converter, still i am getting the same errors.

Thanks...
umesh.sureban wrote:
I have installed vix-api on the machine that has Automated Application Converter, still i am getting the same errors.

I think VMware Workstation must be on the same system as VIX API for it to work. In order to use VIX API to remotely control VM's, I'm nearly certain that you must use it with VMware vSphere.