cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate MSI creation from ISM file

Can someone help me with pointing out options that should be included in.INI file to automate MSI creation process suing Install shield. I am using Install shield 2012. I believe we can use below command to automate the build from ISM file.
ISCmdBld.exe -i "C:\InstallShield 2012 Projects\MySetup.ini"
I would want to customize the process like, registering COM components, RESTART options, Creating Shortcuts, properties etc.
(1) Reply
ganeshhp wrote:
Can someone help me with pointing out options that should be included in.INI file to automate MSI creation process suing Install shield. I am using Install shield 2012. I believe we can use below command to automate the build from ISM file.
ISCmdBld.exe -i "C:\InstallShield 2012 Projects\MySetup.ini"
I would want to customize the process like, registering COM components, RESTART options, Creating Shortcuts, properties etc.

ISCmdBld.exe isn't as granular as to manipulate choosing weather to include shortcuts and the like. You'll want to leverage the InstallShield COM automation to handle some of those finer details:
h t t p : / / helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield21helplib/helplibrary/IHelpAutoISWiProject.htm
http://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield21helplib/helplibrary/IHelpAutoISWiProject.htm

When you use the InstallShield COM automation, it will make changes to your .ism project, which you then build (using ISCmdBld.exe) to get your .msi package.