cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Catalog Validation Issues

I have a Standalone Application Catalog created from the scripts in Admin Studio 8.0. Currently I cannot run validation on a package unless I have added myself as a admin in sql(its running the full version of SQL 2005). All other functions seem normal when I am not admin(Import packages,Conflict Solving, editing extended attributes, etc...). It obviously seems like a permission issue. Anybody have any experience with this? Thanks,
(1) Reply
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Your assessment is likely correct. I believe that you would observe the same problem if you were running validation using a tool like Orca. The enclosed like may prove helpful.

AdminStudio validation is effectively identical to how other tools do validation. AdminStudio will execute the code contained in the referenced CUB (ConflictSolver Tools-Options dialog) files. The CUB file contains native code which some user account types are not allowed to execute. It is worth noting that our ACE rules use a similar programming model and conflict detection would also likely fail for this particular user.

http://kb.acresso.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q110924&sliceId=

Allen Saxton
Acresso Software