cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[AppDataFolder] Amin/User XP account (INDESIGN)

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
hello,

I have repackaged an application (INDESIGN).
I have done changes in the "customed parameters (preferences)" which are saved in the file [AppDataFolder]Adobe\Indesign\version3.0\InDesign Defaults

After having installed the repackaged application I get strange behaviours:
- When launching the app whith a POWER-USER account, my preferences are like I had preconfigured. That's OK.
- But when launching with an admin account, my preferences are reseted.

Hope getting some help. Thanks
(4) Replies
So the prefs are stored in the registry? Maybe use regmon from sysinternals to capture what is happening...this might give you a hint at what is going wrong...
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Ok. I have looked in the registry and have found:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\EAE6.... C:\Documents and Settings\%USER ACCOUNT%\Application Data\Adobe\InDesign\Version3.0\InDesign Defaults

EAE6... is a unique component not shared between users. I mean when I relogon with another user, the entry is modified like that:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\EAE6.... C:\Documents and Settings\%ANOTHER ACCOUNT%\Application Data\Adobe\InDesign\Version3.0\InDesign Defaults

Another point that strikes me is:
In the Registry folder of IS Developper, I have:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\InstallShield Repackaged Applications]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\InstallShield Repackaged Applications\RATP]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\InstallShield Repackaged Applications\RATP\(RLE) INDESIGN]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\InstallShield Repackaged Applications\RATP\(RLE) INDESIGN\Folder_Version3.0]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\InstallShield Repackaged Applications\RATP\(RLE) INDESIGN\Folder_InDesignRecovery]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\InstallShield Repackaged Applications\RATP\(RLE) INDESIGN\resourcesforvisualbasic.tlb]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\InstallShield Repackaged Applications\RATP\(RLE) INDESIGN\Folder_ScriptingSupport]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\InstallShield Repackaged Applications\RATP\(RLE) INDESIGN\CreateFolder_AUM]
"Installed"="1"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\InstallShield Repackaged Applications\RATP\(RLE) INDESIGN\CreateFolder_AdobeUM]
"Installed"="1"

What is the role of all these entries? Can I delete them?

Thank you
I believe those entries are included by repackager as dummy keys for a repair. So I don't think you should drop them (unless anyone has a better idea?).

What does that registration component you mentioned contain?
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
The component is as follows:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\EAE6F1AAC07AB00418E4751180BFF4D3
Nom_: C5966DE5067EFA94B89C752C6A273BDB
Type_: REG_SZ
Données_: C:\Documents and Settings\pxxx\Application Data\Adobe\InDesign\Version 3.0\InDesign Defaults

pxxx=Power User account