cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-defined folders missing

Hello,

Pre-defined folders are missing or the list is incomplete when I try to open certain vendor msi files and create a transform. We are using Install Shield 11.5 Professional - admin Studio edition.

The steps I took to display additional predefined folders:
Right-click Destination Computer, point to Show Predefined Folder, and click the folder that you want to be displayed.

Question:
Do all the pre-defined folders like AppDataFolder, LocalAppDataFolder, ... need to be properly defined in the Directory table?

Thanks Suneel
(3) Replies
Yes they need to be in the directory table if you want to use them.
Direct Editor has a bit of a bug with Direct MST mode. If you run into this problem, I recommend creating a base transform (perhaps using Orca) that contains the default Directory Table entries that you might see in a brand new MSI project.

Then, just make sure that the validation bits are set so that you can apply it to whatever MSI package, and then these entries will be carried over to your new transform project if you list it as a transform to apply to the base MSI when you create your transform project.
I agree what Cary is saying but in this instance I think the problem is the vendor has missed these rows out as they didnt need them..