cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adminstudio 7 Conflict Solver

Hi all,
I need help regarding Conflict solver ACE Rules. I am using Adminstudio 7 conflict solver for my application. I need to know what will happen to my application if i dont follow the ACE rules:confused: Can any one tell me the reason or where can i find these information.

Thanks in advance.

Regard,
Janarthanan
(2) Replies
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I can't answer your question without knowing what ACE rules you are concerned with. One of the primary benefits of MSI technology is an absolute predicatable consistency to the install / repair / uninstall behaviors of an application. The ACE rules are a 'base' for improving the quality of the MSI's and thus the installation behaviors.

Many of the ACE rules are effectively focussed around Component integrity and are therefore concerned with the uninstall behavior. If you never intend to uninstall the application and/or any conflicting applications, then you can ignore many of the ACE rules.

Allen Saxton
Acresso Software
Hi,
I would like to know what will happen if i dont use the ACE Rules and solve ACE errors in my applications.

I found there are two broad categories,
Best Practise Rules and Conflict evaluation rules.

I would like to know the consequences if i ignore the Conflict evaluation rules. (ACE 02,03,07,09,12,23,18,19,20,08,10,24,17,30,13,14,21,22,15,16).

Please could you let me know.

Regards,
Jana