cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access 97 Merge Module?

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I am repackaging an application called EMS Professional. It uses an access 97 database. When I captured the program on my xp clean machine, it doesn't add the access 97 registry keys or files that the program uses. I am using admin studio 5.0, according to the help files I should be able to add the access 97 merge module. I don't see it anywhere. I have downloaded the file and put it in the I386 directory inside installshield and it does not show up on the merge module list (redistributables).. Any ideas? Is it labeled something other that access 97?
(5) Replies
\5.0\Developer\Objects should contain a file called Access97.msm. You can browse to this location and add the access merge module in INstallShield Developer.

XP typically has MDAC installed and hence your setup would not have installed the Access DLL to the machine. This is probably why the Repackager did not capture it.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
The access97.msm file is there. I can go to the redistributales section and browse to it. It gives me a message stating it will look their for future merge modules, i hit ok. I don't see anything new on the merge module list. How specifically do I add the access97.msm to the package. Thanks for the help.
Typically, the merge modules listed in DEveloper (I'm assuming that you are using Developer 8.0) based on a setting in the MergeModule tabs in Tools/Options.

Make sure that the MergeModule search path includes the following "C:\Program Files\InstallShield\AdminStudio\5.0\Developer\Objects". If not, add the path and restart Developer.

Then go to the Redistributables view and Access97.msm should be displayed in the Merge Module list. Select the CheckBox for Access97 to include this merge module in the path.

If you have any issues, let me know.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
OK, I see where my confusion is at. When I go and open developer and create a blank MSI project, access 97 is on the list for merge modules. When I open the package I am working on (EMS.MSI), access 97 is not an option. Is there anything in the repackage process that might tell developer not to have access 97 as an option during the build process of the msi.
Make sure you checked the option 'Replace files with merge modules whenever possible' under Advanced Settings node under Repackaged Output in Repackager IDE. If this is unchecked merge modules will not be included.