cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a business adapter to import data from a csv with a custom query.

I'm trying to use a business adapter to import data from a csv with a custom query, my problem is that when I save the adapter it does not remember the path to the csv file, nor does the checkbox for "Auto-generate SQL Query" stay unchecked. I noticed that if I check "Auto-generate SQL Query" and don't use a custom query, then the path to the csv file is saved correctly.

I see ChrisG mentions this issue in Solved: Business Adapter ignore null values - rows found with rejection messages - Community (flexera.com) from 2020. Is this issue still unresolved?

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

For reference, I believe what you are seeing here is covered by the following known issues (which may be duplicate entries for the same issue - I'm not sure):

IOJ-1757306: Business Adapter Studio may replace .csv file name with complex query text

IOJ-2184208: File Name field value is not saved by the Business Adaptor Studio for adapters using a CSV data source

Unfortunately these issues are not resolved in any current releases.

I can see some notes that indicated as suggested workaround is to uncheck the "Auto-generate SQL Query" option before re-selecting the file, and that will prevent the custom query from being overwritten. I'm not sure if this workaround will cover all the nuances of what you're seeing though.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

For reference, I believe what you are seeing here is covered by the following known issues (which may be duplicate entries for the same issue - I'm not sure):

IOJ-1757306: Business Adapter Studio may replace .csv file name with complex query text

IOJ-2184208: File Name field value is not saved by the Business Adaptor Studio for adapters using a CSV data source

Unfortunately these issues are not resolved in any current releases.

I can see some notes that indicated as suggested workaround is to uncheck the "Auto-generate SQL Query" option before re-selecting the file, and that will prevent the custom query from being overwritten. I'm not sure if this workaround will cover all the nuances of what you're seeing though.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Ok no worries. I'll use excelcnv.exe to convert the csv to xlsx (which works fine in the BAS)