cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Flexera Inventory Docker Monitor service terminated unexpectedly.

Hello Experts, 

We found almost all Flexera agents on our servers were having 'The Flexera Inventory Docker Monitor service terminated unexpectedly' issue.  The version of agent is 2020R2. 

Please see attached screenshot. These entries are consuming large amounts of the logs making it more difficult to troubleshoot other issues. 

Thanks,

Peng 

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

This is likely related to the following known issue, which can be mitigated by using a newer agent version: Known Issue: Usage agent on Windows generates excessive logging related to the Docker monitor service (IOJ-2181680).

Also be aware that it is recommend that all agents older than the 2021 R1 version be upgraded as soon as possible to remediate to the following vulnerability: FlexNet Inventory Agent and Inventory Beacon Vulnerability Update IOJ-2210678.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

This is likely related to the following known issue, which can be mitigated by using a newer agent version: Known Issue: Usage agent on Windows generates excessive logging related to the Docker monitor service (IOJ-2181680).

Also be aware that it is recommend that all agents older than the 2021 R1 version be upgraded as soon as possible to remediate to the following vulnerability: FlexNet Inventory Agent and Inventory Beacon Vulnerability Update IOJ-2210678.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)