cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle GLAS Evidence Reports

Is there any documentation of a breakdown of how to interpret the Oracle GLAS evidence report, in particular the ORCL OPTIONS report?  It lacks column headers.

(1) Solution

Sorry, I missed your answer.

There are about 80 different queries that are aggregated in the ORCL_OPTIONS file. Most queries have a different mapping of columns to COL010-COL200. In actuality only one query even uses COL160 and none uses COL170-COL200. They are just there for possible future extensions.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

Hi,

I guess you're talking about the ZIP archive downloadable from the UI.

It contains mostly raw data used by Oracle for their GLAS audit. Usually the only file read by customers is the ORCL_DETAIL.csv and the 3PTV_JAVAReport_*.csv because they may need some edits.

The ORCL_OPTIONS.csv contains results of queries run directly on the customer's Oracle databases. These queries are defined by Oracle. The columns contain as follows:

• MACHINE_ID contains name or FQDN of the host
  • DB_NAME contains the name of the database
  • TIMESTAMP contains the timestamp of the database scan
  • HOST_NAME contains name or FQDN of the host
  • INSTANCE_NAME contains the name of the database instance
  • OPTION_NAME and OPTION_QUERY identify which query was run
  • SQL_ERROR_CODE and SQL_ERROR_MESSAGE contain information whether there was any error during the query procession
  • COL010 - COL200 are up to 20 columns of query data depending on which query was executed

For the type and content of the query you can usually ask the database administrators as they are familiar with the underlying tables and view.

Best regards,

Martin

Thank you for the explanation; however, it still leaves columns COL010 - COL200 as a mystery.  I will take your advice and follow up with our Database Admins as well.

Sorry, I missed your answer.

There are about 80 different queries that are aggregated in the ORCL_OPTIONS file. Most queries have a different mapping of columns to COL010-COL200. In actuality only one query even uses COL160 and none uses COL170-COL200. They are just there for possible future extensions.