cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignored Devices from one tenant and move to another tenant. How?

Hi Team,

As per my company requirements, I need to ignore and delete the devices from One tenant, let's say 'X' and need to move that devices to other tenant, let's say 'A'.

How to do that?

How do I do? Any Suggestions?

Any documents would be appreciated

Awaiting your kind responses.

Best Regards,

Rahul Ranjan

(6) Replies
tjohnson1
By Technical Writer
Technical Writer

From a Flexera One standpoint, you would need to import the NDI or third party inventory that includes the devices via a beacon connected to the other tenant.

@tjohnson1 

Sorry to say, I do not understand what you mention earlier.

Can you elaborate this?

Thanks in advance

Because someone suggest me that, simply go to All inventory, select the devices to be ignore and just select ignore and then delete.

But still, my question remain the same. If we delete the devices from one tenant then how to add in other tenant within the same environment? Any idea?

Regards,

Rahul ranjan

You are correct about the process to the delete a device from the UI. Please note that if the source of the device is something other than the agent, then the device will be created as part of the subsequent import/reconcile unless the device is also removed from the third party inventory source. If the source is the agent, then the device will remain deleted unless the agent reports inventory again.

The details I provided were in regards to moving a device to a new tenant. There is no way to do that from the UI, so you instead need to have the device report via an inventory source connected to the other tenant.

Hi,

But In my one of the tenant environment, there are almost 45000 devices, so obviously, I can't delete the devices one by one in Flexera One UI. It will take too much time.

So, Could you please tell me the proposed solution here?

Awaiting your kind responses here

Regards,

Rahul Ranjan 

Hi Team,

Still waiting for proposed solution

Regards,

Rahul Ranjan

tjohnson1
By Technical Writer
Technical Writer

So you are looking to delete 45,000 ignored devices from your tenant?

What is the inventory source for these devices? 

If it is the agent, you can turn on the obsolete inventory feature to delete devices that have not reported after a set number days (https://docs.flexera.com/flexera/EN/ITAssets/System_Settings-Inventory_Tab.htm#systemmenu_2348514374_1030026) or you will need to open a support case and ask for the devices to be deleted from the database.

If they are reporting from a third party source, then you need to delete the devices from the source. When the source next reports inventory any existing devices that are no longer included will be deleted.