cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM PVU REPORT

Does anyone know how long a device must be active to show up in the peak quarterly report.

Thanks!!

(1) Solution
To comment on these questions in reverse order:

If an inventory device that has consumed PVU licenses is removed from Flexera One ITAM then a record of the device is retained by the system in an "archived" state. This is so that peak consumption of PVU licenses can continue to be accurately calculated and reported retrospectively.

In terms of IBMs requirements, I don't know of any minimum period of activity that is stated as required for a device to consume PVU licenses.

I don't have knowledge about ILMT to be able to specifically comment on how it determines when to report a device is using PVUs.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
A device generally has to minimally be active long enough to have inventory data gathered before it will start to consume licenses (including, but not limited to, IBM PVU licenses).

How long this takes will depend on how you have the FlexNet inventory agent installation and bootstrap process configured to work on the device. Some environments will have this process is configured in a way that inventory will be generated and uploaded within minutes of the device becoming active; other environments will have it configured so that inventory may not be generated and uploaded for a day or so.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

What I was wondering is how does IBM PVU (ILMT) determine when to report device using PVUs.  Is it automatic?  Does IBM require a device be active for example 2 week of the 3 month period for reporting to show on the PVU report?  What happens if the device is completely removed?  Will it still show on the PVU report as consuming at some point in time in that 3 month period?

To comment on these questions in reverse order:

If an inventory device that has consumed PVU licenses is removed from Flexera One ITAM then a record of the device is retained by the system in an "archived" state. This is so that peak consumption of PVU licenses can continue to be accurately calculated and reported retrospectively.

In terms of IBMs requirements, I don't know of any minimum period of activity that is stated as required for a device to consume PVU licenses.

I don't have knowledge about ILMT to be able to specifically comment on how it determines when to report a device is using PVUs.