cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello,

I really need some help please.

Background: We are migrating our production IBM Planning Analytics TM1 server from on-premises to Microsoft Azure. We license TM1 via sub-cap licensing and have Flexera in IBM PVU mode and we produce reports from Flexera on a quarterly basis as per the IBM IPAA. We have spun up a new server in Azure and deployed TM1. I am aware we have 90 days to support migration as per the IBM Temporary Additional Use Policy. The server in Azure runs on shared infrastructure and I have noticed that in Flexera the inventory device is reporting the IBM region as unknown, which I understand we need to address ASAP. Is the region supposed to populate automatically and if not do I have to set it manually? How do I do this please? What if the server changes region, too? My final question is once the on-premises server has been decommissioned do we need to do anything more other than delete the inventory device from Flexera. Currently I am seeing both servers on the IBM PVU Consumption Report, and it is reporting that we are non-compliant. When we decommission the on-premises server and delete it from Flexera will the deleted inventory device be removed from the IBM PVU Consumption report or will it remain and just show as a deleted device. Is that normal and is it acceptable by IBM? I am panicking because we were almost caught out once due to an issue with the PVU reports generated from Flexera and I am trying my best to avoid this situation again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

> Is the region supposed to populate automatically and if not do I have to set it manually? How do I do this please?

Locations can be assigned to IBM regions through the Enterprise > Locations page; and assignments of devices to locations are made in the Ownership tab of the inventory device properties.

See the following pages for more information:

> My final question is once the on-premises server has been decommissioned do we need to do anything more other than delete the inventory device from Flexera.

I can't think of anything else to do with it.

> Currently I am seeing both servers on the IBM PVU Consumption Report, and it is reporting that we are non-compliant.

You might want to mark one of the servers as "Ignored" while you are in the 90 day grace period.

> When we decommission the on-premises server and delete it from Flexera will the deleted inventory device be removed from the IBM PVU Consumption report or will it remain and just show as a deleted device.

I don't expect it would be listed in the current consumption report once it is no longer contributing to current consumption. If it contributed to peak consumption at some point in the past then I expect it would continue to be listed on the peak consumption report.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)