cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

FNMS Docker - high mem resources

Good morning  or afternoon for everyone.

We are having some issues because of high mem usage of the docker component on a Unix/Linux machine.

This machine is a WAS without docker, and so it makes sense to disable this functionality for this very server.

As far as we know there is the possibility on Windows agents to select the components or remove them by means of MSI.

msiexec /I {ProductCode} REMOVE=docker /qb

msiexec /I {ProductCode} ADDLOCAL=docker /qb

Is there any similar capability on the linux/Unix agents? even at installation step?.

Many thanks. Regards.

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm not aware of any way to stop components related to gathering Docker inventory from being installed on Unix-like operating systems. The only way I know to stop that data being gathered is by keeping the PerformDockerInventoryScan preference disabled.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm not aware of any way to stop components related to gathering Docker inventory from being installed on Unix-like operating systems. The only way I know to stop that data being gathered is by keeping the PerformDockerInventoryScan preference disabled.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)