cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Delete - IT Asset Locations

Hi All, 

Please let me know If we can delete multiple location from IT Asset Locations on single click ? Here we want to delete locations from IT Asset Locations that are not being used by either All Assets or All Users or in All Inventory...

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
A request can be submitted to Flexera Support to bulk delete enterprise groups (such as locations, cost centers or business units) in Flexera One ITAM. It is helpful to submit a list showing exactly which groups to delete when doing that to avoid any misunderstanding about what should and should not be deleted.

You may also want to consider adding an Idea in Flexera Ideas to provide a capability to bulk delete enterprise groups directly without having to go through Flexera Support. This is a reasonably common request, so an Idea logged there may gain a good level of interest.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
Big_Kev
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion

Hello @raviladhawala 

For an on premise solution it's possible to detect any locations currently not referenced by other objects (asset,inventory etc), then do a bulk deletion via sql script.

It's almost impossible to perform such check from UI (if on FlexeraOne) ...I am happy to be proved wrong. But you can always raise a support ticket , the support team and engineering can be process this from backend for you.

HTH

Cheers

Kev

Hello @Big_Kev ,Thanks for your response.  I have raised case with Flexera support team on 5th April but haven't heard positive response from team till now. 

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
A request can be submitted to Flexera Support to bulk delete enterprise groups (such as locations, cost centers or business units) in Flexera One ITAM. It is helpful to submit a list showing exactly which groups to delete when doing that to avoid any misunderstanding about what should and should not be deleted.

You may also want to consider adding an Idea in Flexera Ideas to provide a capability to bulk delete enterprise groups directly without having to go through Flexera Support. This is a reasonably common request, so an Idea logged there may gain a good level of interest.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi @ChrisG , Thanks for your suggestion. I have opened a case with Flexera support team was on 5th April but I didn't get any positive response till now from support team. Let me know if you can add input on my case and help me to close case. 

If anyone else is facing this issue, please vote on the created Idea: 
Ability to delete more than one entry at a time in "IT Asset | Ideas (aha.io)

Support either did not understand the request (or I did not understand the answer), or could not help - advised to go to the UI and delete the entries I need..