cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASN import into Flexera

Does anyone know if there is an API we can use to get an Advanced Shipping Notice directly from Dell imported into Flexera?

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.
(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I imagine from the description and making a guess at joining some dots that you would be looking to update some shipping details on purchase records in Flexera One ITAM based on data in ASNs from Dell. The typical Flexera One ITAM interface used for automating this kind of update would be the business adapter interface: configure a business adapter to take structured data from Dell and map that to the Flexera One ITAM data model.

I'm not specifically familiar with Dell's ASNs to know whether Dell provides an API or way to source this data in a structured format, but somebody else here may have some experience with that.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Therein lies the problem. I can't get anyone at Dell to actually send an ASN. I was hoping someone in the community would know how to get it directly from Dell through an API connection to their system to the Beacon through an adapter. Our Dell rep doesn't understand what an ASN actually is. He sends me a weekly report of everything invoiced. Invoicing happens several days after the items ship, and so we have to manually import them when they arrive instead of them being included. And sometimes they don't invoice until the whole order has shipped, and that can take a month or so. 

We are a manufacturer, and we receive an ASN from every one of our suppliers. They let us know what is coming. Dell just lets us know what was invoiced, sometimes long after it shipped.

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.