cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Different Vendor Names - Best Practice to manage in Flexera

Hello,

The import from a reseller has a vendor name variation different that legal contract vendor name. Is there anywhere to note  both names so they are both searchable and we don’t allocate entitlements under 2 different vendor names?

Thank you for any suggestions you can provide!

(1) Solution

Thank you. I think I came up with a solution where I use both names. For example Momentive FKA SurveyMonkey. In this way, I can do a contains and I can find it under either name.

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

@mdh7768 - When you say "vendor name", do you mean the name of the reseller (that is the Vendor Name linked to the Purchase Order), or the Publisher Name that is on each purchase line?

Either way, if you want consistent data then you need to ask your reseller to provide consistent names in their data extract, or you must perform a "normalization" process of the raw data before you import into FNMS/ITAM.

Sorry - You are correct - I mean Publisher name. The reseller will only use how they have it in their catalog. Is there any Best practice to note both names, the official contract name of the company and the Publisher name from the reseller so both are searchable?

There are separate links to the Vendor/Publisher table.  The one you are referencing is the link from a Purchase Line to the Vendor table for the publisher name.  If you want to search for purchases based on the publisher name, you can always do a "Contains" search, such as contains "Adobe".

There is a separate link within FNMS/ITAM from a License back to the Vendor table for the publisher.  You are in control of that and it is there where you can maintain the official publisher name for consistency, such as a publisher name of "Adobe" or "Microsoft".

Thank you. I think I came up with a solution where I use both names. For example Momentive FKA SurveyMonkey. In this way, I can do a contains and I can find it under either name.