Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ptancre
Level 5

Customer accounts -FlexNet Operations

Hey,

What are the differences between : 

Root accounts and The Accounts displayed when you load the 'All accounts' tab under FlexNet?

There is a massive difference : 51K for root account vs 90K accounts.

Using the rest API only the root accounts gets returned.

0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Flex-Jeremy
Technical Writer
Technical Writer

I have moved this post to the FlexNet Operations forums, as they are going to have better suggestions for you. 

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".
0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

HI @ptancre 

I believe "All Accounts" returns all Parent Accounts.  If you then click the magnifying glass to search, the response will include both Parent as well as any sub-accounts.   Which REST API were you using?

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi @jberthold, I am using : GET /operationsportal/accounts/autocomplete/accounts/{name}.
Creating an account using the SOAP service (v3/UserAcctHierarchyService
createAccount) Seems to create only sub account.
What criteria makes an account 'Root' or parent ?
0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @ptancre ,

The createAccount SOAP Web Service only creates "Root" or Parent Accounts.  The TEST_ACCOUNT1 account in the example below is displayed as a Root Account.  Sub-Accounts are created with updateAccount.

createAccount.jpg

FYI the /operationsportal/accounts/autocomplete/accounts/{name} REST API was not intended for external  consumption and will be removed.

Thx,

 

0 Kudos