Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krubin
Level 7

Entitlement setup

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am attempting to follow the activities for creating an entitlement. I get the following message, when creating a user:
[Incident# 2207-915078] Roles not mapped to the account A222. Please specify roles for the account.

1. Is it correct that my current user account (my email address) does not have the privileges to assign roles to a user? I see no roles when creating a user.
How can I amend this?

2. Is it true to say that this new user when created, will have no affect on my current user which makes anonymous type calls using the Rest API?

3. I think I also use this new user to make the Restful API calls. Does it need any additional roles to do this?

Also there is a video provided, but it is 5 years old for flexnet. It includes concepts like organizations, which are not in the current activity steps. It is still somewhat
helpful.

Thank you,
Ken Rubin

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi Ken,

1.  When you select your current user under Accounts & Users / All Users / Producer Users what role do you have assigned?   You should see something similar to:

userrole.jpg

These roles have an associated set of permissions that can be viewed by selecting the Role Names under Accounts & Users / Roles & Permissions / All Roles.   It is possible that you were added to FlexNet Operations with a Role that does not have sufficient permissions to Add Users.   If so then you will need someone with higher permissions to re-assign your role.   The System Administrator role has all permissions enabled.

2.  If you create a new user to send Web Services it will have no impact on your existing user.

3.  In order to send Web Services the role to which you assign the new user must have the "Execute Web Services" permission enabled. 

Thanks,

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi Ken,

1.  When you select your current user under Accounts & Users / All Users / Producer Users what role do you have assigned?   You should see something similar to:

userrole.jpg

These roles have an associated set of permissions that can be viewed by selecting the Role Names under Accounts & Users / Roles & Permissions / All Roles.   It is possible that you were added to FlexNet Operations with a Role that does not have sufficient permissions to Add Users.   If so then you will need someone with higher permissions to re-assign your role.   The System Administrator role has all permissions enabled.

2.  If you create a new user to send Web Services it will have no impact on your existing user.

3.  In order to send Web Services the role to which you assign the new user must have the "Execute Web Services" permission enabled. 

Thanks,

Thanks Jim! You are awesome!

0 Kudos