cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symptoms:

For ServiceNow Quebec - After running a ServiceNow to FNMS export you will notice that no XML file is generated in your Quebec MID Server. Even though checking the Export History indicates that the Export was successful.

Diagnosis:

Quebec mid servers require java 1.8 while Paris/Orlando mid servers use java 1.7.
The export functionality implements a decoding method:

decodeFile: function (data){
		var strJFile = new Packages.java.lang.String(data);
		//Switch to java8 base64 
		var bytes = new Packages.sun.misc.BASE64Decoder().decodeBuffer(strJFile);		
		var strDJFile = new Packages.java.lang.String(bytes, "UTF-8");
		return strDJFile;
	},

Which references the non-existent sun.misc.BASE64Decoder java package (java8). This causes an exception which results in the file not being written to the file system.

A workaround would be to replace the method used with java.util.Base64.getDecoder().decode(). This is available in java 1.8. The customer would need to load an XML to update the script include.

Solution:

1. Download and unzip a copy of the FNMSFileExport.zip
  2. In your ServiceNow Instance, make sure the operator has Admin roles and application scope set to "Flexera Integration"
  3. In the navigation tool, search for "Retrieved Update Sets"
  4. Choose the option to "Import Update Set from XML"
  5. After updating the script include, you should be able to run the export again and an XML file should be generated in your designated file path in your MID server
This fix will also be included in Scoped App 5.0.600 releasing early Oct 2021
Was this article helpful? Yes No
No ratings
Comments
Big_Kev
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion

Hello @JJacildo 

1. Could you please help to check if the 5.0.600 release is on schedule in early October ? if there is a specific date we can know?

2. My Quebec MID server also not generate Asset xml file (Export from SN -> MID) which is the same symptom here. But even I tried to upload the 'patch' from the attachment. It didn't help. Therefore I am wondering if there is anything else I could have missed in my case, but do you by chance still have the specific 'exception error log' from MID log file ? I will try to see if mine contain the same or else ? 

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Kevin 

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@Big_Kev - is the release your looking for the following one announced late last week? New ServiceNow Scoped App v5.0.6 is now Available in ServiceNow Store

Big_Kev
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion

Thank you for your quick help @ChrisG , that's indeed what I am looking for. Not sure how I have missed that (likely it's under Flexera One blog not FNMS blog) :).  

Thanks again

Version history
Last update:
‎Sep 23, 2021 01:34 PM
Updated by: