cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mgsImportRecognition Failing/System Health Dashboard Not Updating

dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

Our ARL import is failing, but at least every few days it will successfully download the latest content libraries. In the mgsImportRecognition log we are seeing an error of "Failed to verify the digital signature of the file." In system tasks and the ARL import log it successfully downloads, but the System Health Dashboard has not updated the dates since 3/30/2020.

Has anyone seen this issue before?

(11) Replies
Can you check again if it is still failing?
ARL / PURL libraries are signed, FNMS wouldn’t import if it couldn’t validate the signed signature.
Thanks
Aamer
In System tasks it says the ARL Import was successful but in the System Health Dashboard the last successful update has still not updated the date.
Thanks for getting back again, can you please share the FNMS version in use?
Is possible log and screenshot of the UI.
Thanks

Here are the logs from this morning. We are using FNMS 2018 R2 Release: 13.1.1.712. What part of the UI would you like a screenshot of?

We are seing the same issue since 4/3

2020-04-19 01:00:11,654 [onImport.ContentImport] [INFO ] Downloading (using WebDownloader) https://www.managesoft.com/support/Compliance/RecognitionAfter82.cab
2020-04-19 01:24:53,167 [onImport.ContentImport] [INFO ] Download completed in 24m 41s
2020-04-19 01:24:53,167 [onImport.ContentImport] [INFO ] Extracting (using CabExtractor) "C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\ARL\RecognitionAfter82.cab" to "C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\ARL\.temp-extract"
2020-04-19 01:24:53,381 [.RecognitionImportTool] [ERROR] Unexpected error occured
2020-04-19 01:24:53,381 [.RecognitionImportTool] [ERROR] ManageSoft.Compliance.Logic.Core.Impl.Licensing.RecognitionImport.ContentExtractException: Could not extract C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\ARL\RecognitionAfter82.cab ---> ManageSoft.Compliance.Logic.Core.API.ImportRecognitionCabVerifyException: Failed to verify the digital signature of the file 'C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\ARL\RecognitionAfter82.cab'.
at ManageSoft.Compliance.Logic.Core.Impl.Licensing.RecognitionImport.CabExtractor.Extract(String archive, DirectoryInfo destination)
at ManageSoft.Compliance.Logic.Core.Impl.Licensing.RecognitionImport.ContentImport.Run(EARLImportMode mode, String groupName)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at ManageSoft.Compliance.Logic.Core.Impl.Licensing.RecognitionImport.ContentImport.Run(EARLImportMode mode, String groupName)
at ManageSoft.Compliance.Console.RecognitionImportTool.ImportRecognition()
2020-04-19 01:24:53,381 [.RecognitionImportTool] [ERROR] Could not extract C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\ARL\RecognitionAfter82.cab
2020-04-19 01:24:53,381 [.RecognitionImportTool] [ERROR] Failed to verify the digital signature of the file 'C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\ARL\RecognitionAfter82.cab'.

The posts earlier in this thread suggest that the downloads performed by mgsImportRecognition are sometimes coming through cleanly (with a valid certificate) and sometimes not. For example, the mgsImportRecognition.txt log file from @dbeckner shows ARL content being download successfully, but on that occasion SKU library content didn't download cleanly.

@roger_arnold - is the C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\ARL\RecognitionAfter82.cab file left in place on your filesystem after the failure? Could you check the exact size of that file? That could be compared to the expected size of the file (which is currently 82,031,026 bytes).

In case it is relevant for anybody, the IP address of the download server did change recently as per the following post: www.managesoft.com - IP Address changes - FNMS OnPrem Customers. However with that said, I don't see any obvious link between the IP address changing and the symptoms described here.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks Chris,

It does appear to be a download issue.  I manually download the recognition cab and was able to run successfully.  I then have been trying to run the recognition data import task and have got it to process the recognition and purl cabs at least once.

FYI.  This is the first occurance in my logs.

2020-03-27 02:33:55,702 [.RecognitionImportTool] [ERROR] ManageSoft.Compliance.Logic.Core.Impl.Licensing.RecognitionImport.ContentExtractException: Could not extract C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\SKU ---> ManageSoft.Compliance.Logic.Core.API.ImportRecognitionCabVerifyException: Failed to verify the digital signature of the file 'C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DataImport\Content\SKU\c1e40d5d8ff348b2919f61607f65d41c-PURL-Microsoft.cab'.

I am going to contact our proxy team since Flexnet is working.

@roger_arnold Did you find a solution to this yet? We still have not been able to  update this without manually conducting it.

I checked that folder and the RecognitionAfter82.cab file is only 80,000,000 bytes. So even though it is logging a successful download it would appear it is not downloading the entire file.

Improvements have just been made in the Flexera data center which are likely to benefit download speeds for ARL & PURL content. While I couldn't say with certainty whether that will help with the specific problems noted in this thread, do keep an eye on whether problems are still occurring as you may see some improvement.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks @ChrisG I have noticed the run time is shorter for the ARL Import task. In reference to my initial question I moved the time of the scheduled task and now the ARL Import is no longer failing. My best guess is the network was overloaded during that timeframe. We have our network engineering team looking into it.

I am noticing that although the logs are showing a successful download and import, the System Health Dashboard is not updating. I checked across 4 different FNMS On-Prem 2019 R2 environments that we have installed and they all are showing a different date for the last successful update for the ARL. The SKU and PURL libraries appear to update daily but the ARL card does not update the date everyday; even if it runs a successful import.

What metric do those cards use to report a successful update? Are they looking for a new content library, such that, a download of the same ARL library version would not result in an updated date on the Health Dashboard?