cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enable tracing for errors on Beacon

Hi all,

I'm looking for the option of enable tracing for errors on the Beacon, but I cannot find it anywhere on beacon UI.

Does anyone know where is it?

(4) Replies

Beacon Servers Beacon Application Logs Location Default Base Directory

C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging\

Common Alternative Base Directory

D:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging\

Finding Custom Paths

The logging base directory is controlled by a registry string called 'LoggingBaseDirectory' which is created under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\Compliance\CurrentVersion] on the presentation server. If LoggingBaseDirectory is not set, it defaults to be under C:\ProgramData as above. The logging base directory contains a .config file for each logging module. The config file is an XML document which contains the actual location for the log file and the logging level

Adjusting Logging Level

The .config files in LoggingBaseDirectory can be edited to adjust the logging level. Open the relevant .config file and scroll down to the bottom of the file to the <root> element. Adjust the <level value="INFO" /> line with the desired logging level. Typical options are ERROR, WARN, INFO, DEBUG.

Thanks but I cannot find anywhere how to set the default log file/folder in the config file on the beacon server. Is it somewhere else?
You will get all config file in C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging

Also IIS Logging and Failed Request Tracing can be helpful to identify Beacon connectivity issues.