cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Memory Consumption Takes Place In Daytime also?

Hi Team,
As Flexera does scan mostly during the night but during the daytime in task manager , this Inventory agent is seen all day . Could you please let us know the significance of this one? Asking because we are getting question why memory consumption happens during daytime also?

Attached is the screenshot for your reference.

Let me know, what I missed
Awaiting your kind response.

Regards,
Rahul Ranjan

(1) Solution
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

If the inventory agent is properly installed, it is running as a service in the background. There are multiple reason why you may see resource consumption during the day.

• Usage tracking: If you have application usage tracking activated, that might create some load (although not likely the be as much as shown in the screenshot).
  • Timing: Agents are usually timed not to run at a specific time, but during a time window. What you're seeing could be part of that wanted randomness. Also, depending on your settings, the agent may catch up on missed scans after starting a machine.
  • File scanning: I guess, file scanning on machines with many drives might take somewhat longer. Maybe that's what you're seeing?
  • Docker: I guess an active Docker host could create additional load, but I guess that would be another process. 

I guess, the agent logs would be a good point to start looking for why the agent ran.

Best regards,

Markward

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

Hi Friends,

Still waiting for your valuable responses here

i hope i will receive quick responses

Regards,

Rahul Ranjan

mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

If the inventory agent is properly installed, it is running as a service in the background. There are multiple reason why you may see resource consumption during the day.

• Usage tracking: If you have application usage tracking activated, that might create some load (although not likely the be as much as shown in the screenshot).
  • Timing: Agents are usually timed not to run at a specific time, but during a time window. What you're seeing could be part of that wanted randomness. Also, depending on your settings, the agent may catch up on missed scans after starting a machine.
  • File scanning: I guess, file scanning on machines with many drives might take somewhat longer. Maybe that's what you're seeing?
  • Docker: I guess an active Docker host could create additional load, but I guess that would be another process. 

I guess, the agent logs would be a good point to start looking for why the agent ran.

Best regards,

Markward