cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best way to deploy the agent on a Mac through InTune?

We use InTune to deploy software to our limited number of Macs. What's the best way to do that? I've been doing it manually, and it seems to be quite the process. Would love a way to deploy it automatically with InTune.

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.
(1) Solution

@EHacking 

You would download the package and the bootstrap file and then modify the bootstrap file with the various configuration settings according to your environment. And then I assume that the Intune package would consist of the two in a folder structure. I would recommend that you collaborate with the Intune admins on how to make sure the modified bootstrap file is taken into account when running the install procedure. (This is completely similar to other Linux flavors...)

Thanks,

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

@EHacking 

Please refer to this other thread discussing the same topic: ELI5 - Deploying Flex Agent via Intune 

Thanks,

I guess my question was not very clear. My Intune admin asked for a package to deploy on the Mac specifically. I'm not familiar with deploying to a Mac, but I do know they need a DMG file that is packaged together. Any tips on creating that DMG package with all of the necessary configuration and security files would be greatly appreciated.

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.

@EHacking 

You would download the package and the bootstrap file and then modify the bootstrap file with the various configuration settings according to your environment. And then I assume that the Intune package would consist of the two in a folder structure. I would recommend that you collaborate with the Intune admins on how to make sure the modified bootstrap file is taken into account when running the install procedure. (This is completely similar to other Linux flavors...)

Thanks,