cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an actual PURL for Veritas licensing?

Thank you!

(1) Solution
tbesse
By
Flexera Alumni

Hi Shelby,

The Symantec PURL covers Veritas products before the companies split. Product management is currently looking into publishing a dedicated Veritas PURL, but no roadmap status yet. 

Best regards
Thorsten

Senior Solution Architect in the SE team
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
tbesse
By
Flexera Alumni

Hi Shelby,

The Symantec PURL covers Veritas products before the companies split. Product management is currently looking into publishing a dedicated Veritas PURL, but no roadmap status yet. 

Best regards
Thorsten

Senior Solution Architect in the SE team
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)

As part of Symantec, the Veritas products had very complicated rules for calculating license consumption including a "Symantec" point table, similar to an IBM PVU. 

Now that Veritas is its own independent company again, they have greatly simplified the license consumption rules.  For example, the InfoScale product is now 1 license required for each physical/virtual core on the server where it is installed.  This is very easy to model in FlexNet Manager without needing a special PURL.

Isn't it so that this is the case for Linux licenses only? AFAIK Unix ones are still Tiered.