cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas InfoScale Hardware Tier Calculations in Flexera

Does anyone know if Flexera is able to determine the hardware tiers for InfoScale from Veritas and calculate those in a license position?

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.
(1) Solution

Hi @EHacking 

Yes it can, but you need to create the custom points rules based on the Hardware Tiers first and assign the relevant rule to the 'Core Points' license type.

Jens

View solution in original post

(6) Replies

Hi @EHacking 

Yes it can, but you need to create the custom points rules based on the Hardware Tiers first and assign the relevant rule to the 'Core Points' license type.

Jens

I wonder if there are plans to create these rules into the FNMS system like they have for IBM PVU calculations. 

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.

Not that I have heard, so its down to customers to do it or request help from Services to create the custom points rule per Tier.

Regards

Jens

Can it though? Having Oracle virtualization configured the way it is configured (dummy assets and inventories created for Oracle Global Zones) I don't think it can. Especially if you have multiple Global Zones on a single physical host.

Hi @MrPotato 

It does work with Solaris Global Zones so long as the processor make model for the Solaris variants have been added to the points rule.  The virtual machines will inherit the processor details from the physical host and align to the points consumption rule set.

So if you have dummy inventory records.....ensure that that all the relevant details in the hardware tab are there for the points rule to interrogate.

Regards, Jens

Yes, well, but if you have two or more GZ on a single host (technically possible) then all those GZs inherit HW data as if they were the only GZ which may lead to miscalculations.

As you said it will work with custom points-set but you need to be fully aware of the environment and act accordingly.