Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Status_query

ImIronMan
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hi All

We observed  that the user status in FNMS shown as 'Inactive' while AD team confirmed that he is active. There are around 5000+ such records and we need to find the root cause and fix it

When we looked at the user's history ,

1. User's status was changed from Active to Inactive in 2018, since then no update in FNMS however the user is active

2. The last inventory source  shown as SMS

3. Every day the user is being allocated/unallocated to o365 license. Means there are updates to this user, however the last updated date : shown as 05-2020

4. There are no duplicate/additional accounts for this user

Can some one please explain/share any document (if any) to understand better about the user property update behaviour from multiple sources

(2) Solutions
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I think the answer in relation to the "Status" property on a user record is pretty simple: I can't think of any built-in behavior in FNMS that would set or change the value of this property. In particular, the value of that property is not directly tied to any data extracted from AD or SCCM. So if you see "Status" set to "Inactive" for a particular record then that likely suggests that either a human operator or business adapter made that change at some point in the past.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

Hi,

What Chris mentioned includes that the default import process also does not reset any status value. It just completely ignores them.

You'll have to either

• run a business import to update the existing values, or
  • run a SQL statement to update all existing user's status.
USE FNMSCompliance

UPDATE ComplianceUser
SET UserStatusID = 1 -- Active

Be aware this sets all users to active!

Best regards,

Markward

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I think the answer in relation to the "Status" property on a user record is pretty simple: I can't think of any built-in behavior in FNMS that would set or change the value of this property. In particular, the value of that property is not directly tied to any data extracted from AD or SCCM. So if you see "Status" set to "Inactive" for a particular record then that likely suggests that either a human operator or business adapter made that change at some point in the past.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks, @ChrisG 

You may be right because the customer had several adapters in past to update a few AD properties. But I can confirm that currently there is no adapter updating the AD properties. So, I think the regular AD import should change the status back to 'Active'. Isn't it ? or how do we 'reset' the AD status to original, if the AD import could not fix it (or if not using an adapter to update only 'status' because finding the right source and match with existing user data would be difficult)

@ChrisG @mfranz @kclausen 

Hi,

What Chris mentioned includes that the default import process also does not reset any status value. It just completely ignores them.

You'll have to either

• run a business import to update the existing values, or
  • run a SQL statement to update all existing user's status.
USE FNMSCompliance

UPDATE ComplianceUser
SET UserStatusID = 1 -- Active

Be aware this sets all users to active!

Best regards,

Markward