cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrecognized Evidence Report

Is there a way to run a report on Unrecognized Evidence?

I'm currently running a report on Installed Devices (Using the Installations metric), which gives me a device name for all computers running a software title by version. Is this possible using Unrecognized Evidence as well?

delete me.jpg

Akshay
(3) Solutions

Hi, 

Installer or file evidences are not in the data model of FNMS reports builder, so you can't build reports with report builder that include evidences. It would be beneficial to have evidences added to the data model, however at the moment you can only rely on workarounds.   

Currently it is possible to fetch list of Inventory devices having one or another evidence directly from FNMS Database. It is also possible to map such custom SQL query on reports builder and show results in WebUI.  Attaching example SQL code for the report I am currently building in our environment, it allows to create report returning the list of devices having installer evidence. 

Marius 

View solution in original post

nrousseau1
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

Hello Akshay,

I have two reports I would like to share on evidences.

• As Kenza said, the "Evidences on Computers" report allows to see evidences on a specific computer ("ComputerName|”) with their link to recognized applications (or not). If you want to see all evidences across computers with a specific name, just use “| EvidenceName” as a filter. “ComputerName|EvidenceName” will show the raw evidence (fuzzy matching on the evidence name (%EvidenceName%) on the computer (exact matching on the computer name). I attach the latest version (v14)

EvidenceOnComputers.jpg

• The second report on the following page shows all licensed installations with the evidences that allowed to recognize the installations: Raw Evidence on Computers custom SQL report. This gives an end to end explanation (this raw evidence triggered this installation to be recognized, that consumes this license)

License Installations With Their Raw Evidences.jpg

Nicolas Rousseau
NR SAM Consulting
https://nrsamconsulting.com/

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The attached script can be run against the FlexNet compliance database for an on-premises installation to configure a range of custom report objects that may be helpful for troubleshooting and digging in to raw evidence details and application recognition results. These report objects will expose details of evidence that has been imported, and how that evidence maps to inventory devices, recognition rules and applications.

The following objects (and associated relationships) are defined:

• Raw installer evidence: Raw installer evidence details imported from inventory sources
  • Installer evidence: Installer evidence recognition pattern configured in the ARL
  • Raw file evidence: Raw file evidence details imported from inventory sources
  • File evidence: File evidence recognition pattern configured in the ARL
  • File evidence rule: File evidence recognition rule
  • Raw WMI evidence: Raw WMI evidence details imported from inventory sources
  • WMI evidence: WMI evidence recognition pattern configured in the ARL

It is easy to generate reports containing massive amounts of data with these objects. For example, you could easily build a report listing all raw file evidence found on all computers (ouch!). Use prudent filtering to avoid generating too much data!

Some example screenshots of reports that can be configured using these objects follow.

image.png

image.png

image.png

A consideration to be aware of with these custom report objects is that they rely on data that is directly written into the compliance database by inventory "reading" processes that extract data from inventory sources (such as SCCM, the FlexNet inventory database, etc). As such, it may take a long time to run reports using these objects while inventory "reading" processes are running. I can also imagine some possible situations where the data shown in the reports may be unreliable if reports are run between when inventory "reading" and "writing" processes are run.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

(24) Replies

Hi Akshay,

In addition to the custom report provided here, we are in the final stages of producing an out of the box solution for this also.  We'll be adding an additional tab to the Inventory Device properties that will show evidence found on the device and what application is recognised from it.

This will initially be delivered to the cloud (June release) but we'll also be doing a hotfix for the most recent On-Premise versions.

I'll put a post up once this is available.

Matt

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.

Matt

At the same time, are you also not able to include the 'Unrecognised Evidence' for that same device in this additional tab?

Jens

Hi Jens, We can and are going to as well. We also have a couple of fields that will allow you to group by the suite application as well so it should cover multiple scenarios. Does this help? Matt
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

For future reference for people finding this thread, here are some Ideas for functional changes that are related to this topic that people can vote on if they would be helpful:

Here are also some other similar threads with various related discussion:

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)