cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Custom Property Changes in History Table

dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

I am looking for a way to track changes made to a custom property that we've added to inventory devices. The Compliance History table and the history tab on the device is not logging this information. Is there a way to add that property to be tracked?

Thanks,

Dan

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
While changes to custom property values on some record types (such as assets, contracts, and some others) are recorded in history, unfortunately changes to custom property values on inventory device records are not tracked in current releases.

If this capability would be of interest, I would suggest logging an idea in Flexera Ideas<>.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
Big_Kev
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion

Hello @dbeckner 

I am currently having a custom ticket box on the Asset, so if I tick the box and observe the ComplianceHistory tab by using the following  'rough' query, It seems helps to find out the Custom property Change activities. 

SELECT TOP 1000 * FROM ComplianceHistory
WHERE FieldName like 'CustomAsset%'
AND ISNULL(OldValue,'') <> ISNULL(NEWValue,'')
ORDER BY 1 DESC

Note, depending on the type of 'object' the custom property built on, the FieldName can be varied , in my case my custom property is on Asset, so the fieldname is 'CustomAsset' + 'CustomProperty' Name....You will need to adjust to yours accordingly. 

HTH

Cheers

Kevin

@Big_Kev How are you getting the system to track the change in that field? I can update the field (in my case its a dropdown menu) but the history table is not tracking any changes I am making.

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
While changes to custom property values on some record types (such as assets, contracts, and some others) are recorded in history, unfortunately changes to custom property values on inventory device records are not tracked in current releases.

If this capability would be of interest, I would suggest logging an idea in Flexera Ideas<>.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks @ChrisG for confirming this is the expected behavior.