cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Socket information from Servers through Flexera Scanners

Hello Team,

Wanted to know whether Flexera scanner can bring socket information from inventory device to FNMS database server.

If yes, please share the documentation on the same.

f not, please let me know what command can be run on the inventory device to bring in socket information.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated

Thanks for the assistance
Kind Regards,

Sachin MS

(9) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The number of physical sockets in a device is generally not discoverable information - that is, data available from common operating systems system generally does not expose this type of information.

Instead, the typical approach taken to identify socket details is to enrich discovered inventory data with reference information. Flexera's Flexera One IT Visibility and Data Platform products can use data from the reference library Technopedia to do this for inventory within your organization.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hello @ChrisG ,

Thanks for the update.

Please let me know if there is command line utility using Business adapter to achieve this requirement. 

For example, if we can bring Socket information using Powershell script.
Please share Flexera documentation if possible.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Sachin MS

Yes, if you have a source of data that identifies the number of sockets on specified inventory devices than you could use a business adapter to import that data. The data should be mapped to the Number of Sockets field on the Computer object:

image.png

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hello @ChrisG 
Thanks for the update. Please be informed that i am aware about this information.

Kindly let me know the powershell command or script which can be used to pull socket information from inventory device(windows server)

Any information on these line swill be of great assistance.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Sachin MS

The number of physical sockets in a device is generally not discoverable information - that is, data available from common operating systems (including Windows) generally does not expose this type of information.

Thanks for the information @ChrisG . Appreciate your response

Kind Regards,

SachinMS

Hello @ChrisG ,

Please share the Flexera documentation(if available) which will provide the information that socket details from inventory device(windows server) cannot be discoverable.

Thank you,

Sachin MS

The following online help documentation pages contain comments alluding to how socket count details cannot generally be gathered by inventory tools:

Hello @ChrisG ,

Please let me know how other clients (who are FNMS 2023 R1 on Prem) are pulling socket information or core cpu count from inventory device(windows or linux servers) into Flexera, since Flexera scanners are not able to pull these hardware information by default.
kindly shed some light on this area.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Sachin MS