cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL Certificate and IBM Cognos Encryption

I recently within the last 6 months updated our application to FNMS 2018 R2 from 2017 R2 however with this implementation came IBM Cognos and FNMS Analytics. During the upgrade I went through a very lengthily process of Re-encrypting IBM Cognos in order for it to communicate with our encrypted version of FNMS.
Our SSL Cert is expiring soon and I just received a new one, however, I am worried I will now need to once again Re-encrypt IBM Cognos so that it will communicate with our Web Server, is this the case?

Thank you,

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Could you elaborate on why you mean by "Re-encrypting IBM Cognos"? Are you referring to configuring Cognos to use SSL?

I would not expect a certificate change to impact the configuration. The only thing I can think of is if the new certificate was for some reason not trusted by the existing computer(s) that are communicating, but I assume you would be getting a new certificate that is trusted so that shouldn't be an issue.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Correct, part of configuring Cognos to use SSL requires registration of the SSL Certificates being used by the Web Server along with reconfiguration.  The technician from Flexera I worked with referred to this as "Re-encrypting" Cognos.

I went through this process earlier this year and was hoping I would not have to do this again and had the same hopes that a certificate change wouldnt not impact Cognos but wanted some clarity around that.  I have a change window coming up soon and will be implementing the new SSL Certificate, I will report my findings.

Thank you,