cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCCM integration with FNMS - WMI evidence not populated - SQL server unknown component

Hello Dear Community,

Details:

----------

Application: Flexnet Manager Suite R1.3

Platform : SaaS

I have an ongoing issue with our SCCM integration not capturing WMI evidence on a handful of SQL servers. When I Navigating to  All Inventory -->  Inventory--> All Inventory

/**Searching by host name for SQL server**/ under 'Name' attribute-->Navigate to the application tab --> Under product attribute--> name displays as "SQL Server (Unknown Component) 

Please refer to the snapshot.

I would like to hear from the users who have faced the same issue and not to forget --resolutions to the same please.

Thank you

Abhilash M

abhilash.m@lowes.com

(1) Reply
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Abhilash,

As you are writing about WMI evidences, I understand that you are aware of the additional requirements for SQL Server edition recognition. I assume your SCCM has been modified as mentioned in the KB (https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/SQL-Edition-information-from-SCCM-is-Missing-in-FNMP/ta-p/2227).

I have seen cases where the WMI namespaces for SQL servers were corrupt and therefore neither SCCM nor other inventory methods were able to produce any useful data from it.

You may use built-in tools to check the name spaces (https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/SQL-Server-edition-information-not-being-retrieved-by-the-FNMP/ta-p/5909).

Or try PowerShell (be aware that errors aren't handled by the script and appear in the output):

$namespaces = @(
    'root\Microsoft\SqlServer\ComputerManagement'   # SQL Server 2005
    'root\Microsoft\SqlServer\ComputerManagement10' # SQL Server 2008
    'root\Microsoft\SqlServer\ComputerManagement11' # SQL Server 2012
    'root\Microsoft\SqlServer\ComputerManagement12' # SQL Server 2014
    'root\Microsoft\SqlServer\ComputerManagement13' # SQL Server 2016
    )

foreach($space in $namespaces) {
    $wmi = $null
    $wmi = gwmi -Namespace $space -Class 'SqlServiceAdvancedProperty' -Filter "ServiceName = 'MSSQLSERVER'" 
    if ($wmi -eq $null) {
        Write-Output "not found"
        }
    else {
        Write-Output "$space found"
        }
}

Best regards,

Markward