cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reducing support browser versions

Hi all,

We've recently been going through Flexnet Manager Suite and updating the 3rd party components that we make use of to the latest versions to provide better stability and ensure they are the versions currently supported by each producer.

One of these components used in the UI is JQuery however during testing we have identified issues with using this on older browsers and as JQuery only supports current versions and the one behind for each browser, this means we are unable to get these issues resolved.

As part of this we've been looking at reducing the amount of older systems we support to provide better stability and quicker turnaround on releases through reduced testing.

In this instance, if we don't update JQuery then it leaves potential vulnerabilities in the UI and is supported by the producer of this tool however if we update it, then below are the browser versions which we have confirmed as working:

Browser Minimum Supported Version
Chrome 80-81
Internet Explorer 11
Edge 85
Firefox 80
Safari  14
Opera Not Supported

Before we proceed with reducing supported versions I'd like to get input from our community users on whether you have any major objections or concerns with this.  We believe that there would be a low impact from our investigations but I wanted to check with you all first.

What do you all think, are we okay to move forward with this update or do you need us to hold off for a short time to give you chance to roll out browser updates?

I look forward to the insights from all of you as you help us to keep Flexnet Manager Suite up to date.

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.
(4) Replies

We are fine with this. We are using updated browsers.

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.
mag00_75
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion

Would be OK for us.

Just a note in regards to Safari 14, this is still en beta and will be bundled with Big Sur.
We are rolling out Edge to all Mac users and Chrome is quite common as well.

bmaudlin
By Level 9 Champion
Level 9 Champion

I have no problem with this either.

mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

👍