cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populating site and subnet from other source than AD

I have a need to populate location for all IP addresses.  AD Sites and services may not have all the IP subnets nor necessarily have them mapped to reflect location, but could have them mapped to reflect domain configuration.

I have a source which will be updated with reconciled location and ip subnet information and i wish to have this detail reflected in FNMS.  Is there a simple way to do this and are there any additional impacts if the AD information and the updated information do not match?

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I can't think of any direct way to have FlexNet Manager Suite map from IP addresses to locations based on an arbitrary data source giving subnet to location mappings. If you can prepare a script or queries to do this mapping yourself and produce a data set mapping inventory devices (identified by an appropriately unique value) to locations then you could look at using a business adapter to import that data set.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)