cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please suggest Steps required to run Flexera Agent on Hyper-V Server

Shall I install Agent, Agentless/ Zero-footprint?

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

From the perspective of running the FlexNet inventory agent, you can generally treat all Windows computers the same. You don't need to treat computers that are running Hyper-V any differently from computers that are not running Hyper-V.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi @ChrisG

Thanks for sharing, so does that mean the FlexNet Windows Package file will work or any specific version? 

The latest version of the FlexNet inventory agent supports the following Windows versions:

• Windows Server 2008 R2 x64, 2012, 2012 R2, 2012 R2 SP1, 2016, 2019, 2022
  • Windows Server Core 2008 R2 x64, 2012, 2012 R2
  • Windows Server Standard (previously known as Windows Server Core) 2016, 2019
  • Windows 7, 8, 10, 11

See the Prerequisite Software page for full details of supported operating systems.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)