cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Extra Cost Options & Management Packs unlicensed installations

For Oracle DB extra cost options & Management Packs it is necessary to determine "usage". Only when "usage" has been determined the installation adds up to consumption figures and is being displayed within the consumption tab of a license covering the related applications. So far so good. 

However, when there is just an installation (most of the time) and no usage, the application / installation will pop up in the "unlicensed installations" view. This behavior is a bit confusing for some Customers while there is a license present, but no allocation has been established because of no "usage" reasons. Still, the product is covered.

I am wondering if this will be improved within upcoming releases or a typical workaround/best-practice is available for these kind of situation. Goals is to prevent these installation for popping up as being unlicensed. 

BR, Matthias van Beeren 

(1) Solution

@matthias_van_b_1 

I think that this is by design so that customers do consider the risks associated with having some of the Oracle option packs installed but not used.

However, if you think this design is confusing then please raise this as an idea for other forum members to vote on through the Ideas portal 

Thanks,

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

@matthias_van_b_1 

I think that this is by design so that customers do consider the risks associated with having some of the Oracle option packs installed but not used.

However, if you think this design is confusing then please raise this as an idea for other forum members to vote on through the Ideas portal 

Thanks,

Thanks John it makes sense. I will post this as an idea. Might be good to know if more customes consider this to be desirable.