cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of dependent SAP System not updating

Hello,

We are using FNMS with SAP module. 

We have one SAP Admin module with multiple Dependent SAP System. All dependant systems are updated except one. Have you ever had a similar case? And how to solve this problem please ? We have looked in the Admin module in SAP directly for this system, everything works fine, nothing has been changed. The connection is working fine. 

Thank you for your help. 

(1) Solution

To keep you informed. Our module was not up to date. After updating the SAP FNM module (to 2020 R1), the problem has been solved. 

View solution in original post

(8) Replies
jevans
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Good afternoon Ymhadjou, I hope you're well?
Thank you for reaching out via our Community!

If you manually run the inventory on your Beacon for the relevant Admin Module, what do we see in:

ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging\SAPReader\

ProgramData\Flexera Software\Beacon\IntermediateData\
(You should see a .ZIP file with your Admin Module's clientID in the name)

Do we see any mention of your System which isn't updating?

Could you also confirm whether there's any issues with the connections to that System in the Admin Module's Connection Monitor? 

Best regards,
Jack

Hello Jack,

Thanks for your return !

Just found in ProgramData\Flexera Software\Beacon\IntermediateData\ folder the xml file related to the missing system ID. It's the biggest file (186 MB), do you think this can cause a problem ?

I checked the SAP Reader log file and didn't find any mention of system not uploading

Regards,

Yasmina 

My apologies, just checked the wrong sap reader logs. 

I found the error message saying : Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'MeasurementDate', table 'FNMSCompliance.dbo.SAPActivityCheckWorkTime_MT'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

Regards,

Yasmina

This looks like it may be having a problem processing some data that has been extracted from SAP for some reason. Can you share more context from the logs, showing what logging details appears before and after the error message you're seeing? That may help to give more insight on where and possibly why this problem is occurring.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hello Chrisg,

Yes . Please find the logs.

Regards,

Yasmina

I've done a search and can't find any record of an error similar to this being encountered previously.

Unless somebody else here has insight, you may need to contact Flexera Support for assistance drilling in to what is going on here. If the file C:\Users\FNMSAccount\AppData\Local\Temp\1x2xyx43.pgq\psma System at 20220425T103945Z.xml still exists on your batch server then sending them a copy of that file (and/or the entire .zip file containing data extracted from SAP, as per @jevans' earlier comment) may help with troubleshooting.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Yes, I have a call with support tomorrow. I will keep you update about any solutions. 

Regards,

Yasmina 

To keep you informed. Our module was not up to date. After updating the SAP FNM module (to 2020 R1), the problem has been solved.