cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Linux OS - Flexera Agent creating duplicate inventory after patching

Hello Forum !!

I need some understanding about below behaviour.

Whenever patching activity held on  Linux servers, FlexNet inventory  agent starts creating new duplicate inventory. 

Did anyone has observed this kind behaviour and how to manage it (apart from deleting the duplicate record).

Thank you🙂

Reshma B

(1) Solution

Just check with your server admin team, if they are updating bios & due to this serial no gets changed.

Also just login in one server & try to verify serial no.

View solution in original post

(7) Replies

Hi @ReshmaB , 

Ideally  the agent should not create a new record, however please check if any of the attributes has changed for the device record ex: Serial number

Correct said . Please check if after patch serial no or other  attribute is getting changed.

yes, Serial number is different, however hostname &IP address remained Same.

@ReshmaB - What version of the Flexera Agent are you using and are there any other sources of Inventory that you are importing from for Linux Servers other than the Flexera Agent?

In general, the Serial Number value is one of the key fields that Flexera uses when merging inventory to determine uniqueness.  Therefore, if your patching process is causing a new Serial Number to be generated, then I would expect to see a new Inventory Device created within FNMS.

@kclausen - Agent Version :17.0.2

Sources : No other Sources only Flexera Agent

yes new inventory device record is created 

Just check with your server admin team, if they are updating bios & due to this serial no gets changed.

Also just login in one server & try to verify serial no.

Thank you - I checked with the team they have restored the servers and bios gets updated , so may be that's the reason new record created with different serial number.