cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need system versions for FNMS Agent to be installed

Hi All,

May i know what versions of AIX and HP-UX servers support FNMS Agent 12.3 version?

We have few AIX 5.1 and 5.2 versions in which we are about to install FNMS Agent.

Please guide me. I am unable to find the lower version requirements in the Gathering inventory doc.

Regards,

Srikanth M

(3) Replies

@sree335  - Current versions of platforms that the FlexNet Manager Agent supports can be found in the System Requirements/Release Notes.

The current version of the FlexNet Manager Agent supports AIX 7.1

Your older versions of AIX are not suppported by FlexNet Manager or by IBM:

AIX 5.1 was End of Life by IBM in 2005

AIX 5.2 was End of Life by IBM in 2008

Hi @sree335 ,

Agree with @kclausen , AIX 5.1 and 5.2 are not officially supported by Flexera, but agent probably will work, I installed on more than 100 AIX 5.1 and on most of them the agent is working. 

Not supported by Flexera mean that they didn't run the agent trough quality test and you will not get support in case of issues.

So the decision on how to handle this is up to you. 

The issues that I encountered during the deployment on AIX 5.1 are mainly standard ones:

Connectivity issue with beacon server, firewall are blocking the ports

Certificate issue if you use SSL, but this can be solved installing the certificate on servers, according documentation

And on a few of them the agent stopped working, don't know why as no clues in log files, reinstalled the agent and now is working fine.

If you decide to install on AIX, you should check the inventory to see if all relevant information regarding hardware and software are gathered .