cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW FNMS infra is still connecting to OLD DB server for Inventory Import

Hi all, 

I am kind of puzzled here. We had just go-live with our new infra and unfortunately we encountered an unique issue here. 

So a bit of background. 

- we have just refreshed our FNMS infra, and the way we did it is we stood up 2 environments at the same time. 

- we left our old infra running  while we set up the new one as DEV in parallel. 

- on the go-live date, we promoted the DEV to Production and for the DB, we restored SQL backup which was taken from the old infra to the new infra.

- FNMS system setting was updated with .\Config.ps1 "Config\FNMS Windows Authentication Config.xml" forceUpdateConfig

- once everything confirmed up and running, we shutdown the old infra including the old DB. 

- everything looks good, beacon are talking with FNMS, Flexnet Agent are sending inventory to beacon and uploaded to new DB, CM2012 and O365 tasks are running fine. 

- except that Flexnet Manager Suite Inventory Import is failing with error message SQL server was not found or was not accessible. 

If we turned on the OLD db, the Inventory Import is running fine. Once we turned it off, the task failed immediately. 

This issue was missed when we set up the DEV because at that time the OLD db was still running, so the task completed successfully without anyone notice that it was actually connecting to the OLD db. 

Anyone ever had the same issue here? 

PS. Log file is showing exactly the same error connection failure due to server was not found or was not accessible.

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

None of the steps you've described above would have updated database connection details used during the inventory import process.

Check for references to the old database server in the Server column of the ComplianceConnection table in the compliance database, and update them as appropriate.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

None of the steps you've described above would have updated database connection details used during the inventory import process.

Check for references to the old database server in the Server column of the ComplianceConnection table in the compliance database, and update them as appropriate.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

You are a life saver @ChrisG , indeed the connection in ComplianceConnection table refers to OLD DB. 

I updated them and problem resolved. Thank you very much Chris!