cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving a custom report from one FNMS instance to another

jasonlu
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion

Assuming two separate single tenant FNMS on Premises with no custom properties, is there a way to move a custom report from one instance to another?

I'm assuming we could try just grabbing the row in the dbo.ComplianceSavedSearch table, and export/import that.

Would it work?

j

(1) Solution

Agree with Chris here.

The only other thing that springs to mind for me is potentially changing the CreatedByOperatorID / RestrictedAccessTypeID.
The other columns referring to Users are plaintext, CreatedByOperatorID is a ComplianceOperatorID reference and RestrictedAccessTypeID will outline whether it's private or public.
I'd potentially set CreatedByOperatorID to a ComplianceOperatorID that exists on the new system, and ensure RestrictedAccessTypeID is set to 1.

Best regards,
Jack

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, you're going in the right direction there. The main columns from ComplianceSavedSearch that define the report details are:

• SearchXML
  • ComplianceSearchTypeID
  • SearchMapping
  • SearchGridLayout

(That's not to say other columns aren't important, but if you focus on data from the above columns to start with you'll get most of the way there to replicating the report configuration in another environment.)

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Agree with Chris here.

The only other thing that springs to mind for me is potentially changing the CreatedByOperatorID / RestrictedAccessTypeID.
The other columns referring to Users are plaintext, CreatedByOperatorID is a ComplianceOperatorID reference and RestrictedAccessTypeID will outline whether it's private or public.
I'd potentially set CreatedByOperatorID to a ComplianceOperatorID that exists on the new system, and ensure RestrictedAccessTypeID is set to 1.

Best regards,
Jack