cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue when Creating FlexNet native inventory collection

Hello,

I try to  create a database on my test virtual machine.

After running this command in cmd:

mgsDatabaseCreate -a WindowsNT -s DBserver-name\instance name -d FNMSInventory -i InventoryManagaerDatabaseCreation.xml

I ran into this issue:

MicrosoftTeams-image (2).png

I double checked the instance name and server name and made sure that remote connections are allowed. The SQL-Server is installed locally.

If you have any idea on how to resolve this issue, please let me know

Best regards, 

Erik Reumann

(1) Solution

If SQL server is installed locally, try it using a dot "." after the -s instead of "DBserver-name\instance name".

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

If you are running this on your Application Server (and there is a different server for the SQL Database), then make sure you have the SQL Server Client Connectivity drivers installed.

Also, the User you are logged in as when you run the command must be set up as a valid Logon to the SQL Server instance.

If SQL server is installed locally, try it using a dot "." after the -s instead of "DBserver-name\instance name".

mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Not sure if you're really running multiple SQL Server instances. In case you do, you'll need the SQL Server Browser Service to run. If you run only the default instance, ignore the instance part when adressing the server.