cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InventorySettings.xml file on AIX issu

Hi all,
I'm trying standalone scan for oracle database server on AIX. In tracker log is saying that
1. Discovered Oracle database and listener....ok
2. Skipping Oracle Database Inventory. Fail to find inventory settings with oracle inventoru rules.
3. Invalid inventory settings file found, recognition rules and scripts will not be executed.

But, InventorySettings.xml file is located on /var/opt/managesoft/tracker/inventorysettings and opt/managesoft/bin.
I tried to run ./ndtrack at /opt/managesoft/bin.

Anyone who can help me?

Regards,
gotqcorp
(1) Solution

In Discovery & Inventory in the FNMS application, you will find settings.
In that you might need to look-over the setting to ensure that the Oracle directories are included.

Screenshot 2020-05-20 at 15.10.30.png

Other things to check is that the user running the agent has access to the Oracle directories, also check that Oracle_Home environment variable is set.

if running manually you could try to add directories you want to include. I'm not sure how it works with ndtrack since we use the ndtrack.sh, ex

-o IncludeDirectory="/opt","/usr","/var","/apps"

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
mag00_75
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion
Have a look in the inventory settings in the gui to ensure you include those directories you have installed Oracle database in.

If the directory path is not included then it will not run the oracle scripts. If running completely manually you could probably includedirectories as arguments similair as you would do if using scanner ndtrack.sh
Thank you for your replying.
Did you mean that I should open inventorysettings.xml file with notepad and edit directory text?

Can you please provide sample text for adding what you mean?

Regards,
gotqcorp

In Discovery & Inventory in the FNMS application, you will find settings.
In that you might need to look-over the setting to ensure that the Oracle directories are included.

Screenshot 2020-05-20 at 15.10.30.png

Other things to check is that the user running the agent has access to the Oracle directories, also check that Oracle_Home environment variable is set.

if running manually you could try to add directories you want to include. I'm not sure how it works with ndtrack since we use the ndtrack.sh, ex

-o IncludeDirectory="/opt","/usr","/var","/apps"