cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory gets deleted from FNMS

Team,

We have found one device , which was present yesterday in FNMS & reporting fine. Below is IM DB record.

however post recon process, its got deleted from ALL DB.

We are using FNMS 2022R2

480042   2109fd4e-a61d-41eb-a443-dc6409deb690 1/15/2023 10:27:10 PM 18.0

(11) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you have any custom processes configured that could delete computer data out of the inventory database?

There is built-in functionality that can delete computer records from the inventory database that have not reported data for some period of time, but if the computer has reported data recently then that functionality shouldn't cause what you are seeing here.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

This is fresh Dev environment, which have used latest release to test the environment.

Till now not configured any custom adapter for deletion.

Is there any way to trace history for deleted record.

You may see some traces of inventory device (dbo.ComplianceComputer) records being deleted by looking in the ComplianceHistory view in the compliance database.

For example:

SELECT TOP 1000 *
FROM dbo.ComplianceHistory ch
WHERE ch.ComplianceComputerID IS NOT NULL
    AND NOT EXISTS(SELECT * FROM dbo.ComplianceComputer cc WHERE cc.ComplianceComputerID = ch.ComplianceComputerID)
ORDER BY ch.HistoryDate DeSC
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Team,

This record seems to be unlink then gets deleted.

ComplianceHistoryID ComplianceComputerID SoftwareTitleID FieldName OldValue NewValue ComplianceHistoryTypeID UserName HistoryDate Comments
2153625410 12554 NULL ComputerName   NULL 22   04-02-2023 FlexNet Manager Platform Importer
2153616965 12554 -78694 Computer   NULL 5   04-02-2023 FlexNet Manager Platform Importer

The row with ComplianceHistoryTypeID = 22 represents a record being deleted.

You could check the specific timestamp in the HistoryDate column, and match that up to a timestamp in inventory import logs to see the specific step/action that is being performed by the inventory import at the time of the deletion.

Wondering is this device still present in AD? as I believe if a device is part of AD and if it got deleted from AD then  it will be removed from FNMS as well. @ChrisG please correct me if I am wrong.

Hi

We are using AD integration for user info not for computer.

@durgeshsingh The out of the box AD import on the beacon imports users, computers, and subnets. The computers that are imported through this integration are not displayed in the WebUI like the users and subnets, but they are stored in the Inventory Database. Like @FarrukhNaz mentioned you might check AD to ensure that device is still present.

Computer object is present in AD. Agent is installed & sending inventory. 

Can you validate the device status in the AD active/disabled?

Its Active in AD.