cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information about Flexera Light Weight Scanner

Hello Team,

Wanted to know about how Flexera Light Weight Scanner is getting recognized on Flexera UI.

FlexNet Manager Suite 2020 R2 on-prem is the version used in our environment.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Sachin MS

(4) Replies

Hello @ms_sachin123 ,

If I understand exactly your question you want to know how to transmit the data to the Flexera UI?

If this is the case, then let me explain you the mechanism, the Flexera scanner is generating an .ndi file, so this file needs to be transmitted to a beacon server.

Now depends on you implementation and how you want to proceed.

you can directly use http/s upload to the beacon server if it's available, or you can copy the file to a share, and from there with other mechanism you transfer the data to the beacon server.

You can find more information here:

https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2023R2/EN/GatherFNInv/index.html#SysRef/FlexNetInventoryAgent/tasks/FIS-Implementation.html

But again if you give us more detail of what do you want to achieve and how you want to send the data, we can provide you more info 

Hello @adrian_ritz1 ,

Thanks for the update. Sorry for the confusion.

We have one publisher called "Flexera" in our environment along with other publishers like Veritas. MicroSoft, IBM etc.. As per the requirement ,15000 installations are required to be achieved for "Flexera" Publisher which means flexera scanners(client) count not FNMS server count. But in FNMS UI, we are seeing only 12 installations . If we see the devices those are component of FNMS 2020 R2 Server components( Beacon, Batch, DB). 

Wanted to know the answer for below question.

How Flexera light weight scanners installed on the end servers is getting identified on FNMS 2020 R2 UI ?

Hope this explanation gives more clarity.

Kindly reach out if you require further information. 

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Sachin MS

@ms_sachin123 

Please feel free to contact Flexera Support and create a request to get the Flexera Light Weight Scanner uniquely added to the application recognition library, and please make sure to include relevant evidence and your specific findings from your implementation.

Thanks,

You can look at the following information in the web UI to understand how an application is recognized as installed:

• To identify what specific installer or file evidence has been used to recognize a particular installation of an application on an inventory device, open the inventory device record and review the information on the "Evidence" tab.
  • To identify what specific evidence is used to recognize installations of an application, open the application record and review the information on the "Evidence" tab.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)