cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import inventory spreadsheet

Hello,

I have two sources of inputs: FlexNet Manager Suite and One-off upload. After following this link, I have some questions https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2020R2/EN/SystemRef/index.html#SysRef/XLSImports/reference/XSLImport-MakingtheDBPrimary.html:

1. Is data collected from FNMS and spreadsheet consolidated automatically? Because I have 2 seperated "application" now (below picture)

pic10.PNG

In this one, FNMS is primary source.

2. If in my case, data could not be consolidated, then in which case? Please give me some examples.

Thank you for your supporting. 

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, inventory device records from a spreadsheet source are merged just like they are from any other source.

In your case, you may need to ensure the computer serial number and/or domain specified in the spreadsheet matches the values gathered by the agent in order for the records to be identified as being from the same device.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, inventory device records from a spreadsheet source are merged just like they are from any other source.

In your case, you may need to ensure the computer serial number and/or domain specified in the spreadsheet matches the values gathered by the agent in order for the records to be identified as being from the same device.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hello ChrisG,

Thanks for you advice. It's worked.