cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imgtrack post deployment and ndi file generation data visibility in UI

Hi,

I have deployed imgtrack and ndi file is also getting generated and send for processing. 

Post reconciliation how this would be visible in flexera UI
will this be under 
discovery&inventory >All inventory 

or
Container inventory > All containers

Also, what will be the display name any dummy data that can help me understand . Nothing is much clear in the documentation

Thanks,
Ro**bleep**a

(7) Replies

@Roshita93 

Not sure if this is the easiest way to get to the scanned images but if you filter on 'ImageID not empty' in the All Containers view you should see them:

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Hi John,

There are no enteries in the containers section for the img track deployement. We checked for the reconciliation also this import is successfully in the importer logs.
Can you guide us further on how to troubleshoot this.

Thanks,
Ro**bleep**a

try search with container hostname (or id) or with image id in the search field available at top right corner of "All Container" view.

Thanks junaid . But still no data
There is one checkbox in inventory settings as below

Enable detection of Docker and running inventory agent inside docker containers.

is this check mandatory. Can you point to the documentation if this is valid?

Thanks,
Ro**bleep**a

@Roshita93 

I may have misunderstood your scenario into Kubernetes clusters when you referred to imgtrack. I will delete my response above if it's irrelevant to your use case.

However, if it is a Kubernetes scenario, did you deploy one of the Flexera Kubernetes agents as per Two FlexNet Kubernetes Agents and do you see any inventory from these in the All Containers view?

Thanks,

Hi John,
No, i have deployed imgrtack that would run a static scan on container images. I am not putting anything inside the running containers. 

Thanks,
Ro**bleep**a

i think the setting you are referring at inventory setting page is for enabling container scanning at the devices with the help of already installed flexera inventory agent. 

in your case, you are using standalone imtrack. this document speaks about the difference of both.

i recommends you to open a case with support, attaching the ndi generated by the imgtrack along with tracker.log and upload.log etc. there must be something went wrong at inventory gathering or processing, or may be the way it searched in UI.