cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ILMT integration possibilities from a disconnected network

Greetings.

My client has much IBM product in a network that is months out (or longer) from being integrated. Is there any way the ILMT could be brought over sneaker-net and used with FNMS? Any possibilities?

Thanks, Rob

(3) Replies

@raaron1 - If your client has ILMT on SQL Server, then they could arrange to backup the ILMT database and restore a copy of it on a SQL Server that a beacon can connect to.  The backup/restore process could be done on a periodic basis.

I am not a DB2 expert, but I assume the same process could be performed with the DB2 database.

Many thanks @kclausen ! I've not done anything with this connector but seems like it would be a similar solution if SCCM inventory were needed from the disconnected network. So here's my follow-up question: the SCCM data is (of course) inclusive of the actual device inventory. Is that the case where the ILMT data is concerned?

Rob

@raaron1 - Yes, the ILMT connector works the same.  It will import the discovered inventory and all of the discovered software.

However, there is 1 unique feature of the ILMT connector.  Since ILMT is the source of truth for IBM PVU sub-capacity reporting, all of the Licenses and PVU consumption calculations from ILMT are imported into FlexNet, as well as the inventory.  Each product license within ILMT will create:

1) A software license within FNMS with the same license name

2) The same license consumptions

3) The same set of inventory devices on the Consumption tab

You can then link your imported purchases for that product to the license in FlexNet Manager to create your compliance position