cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM Sterling getting detected by flexera but not found in server

Team,

IBM Sterling software is getting detected by flexera under installer evidence however , when checking directly in server , nothing is present.

Please suggest if any known issue.

Package Name="IBM Sterling Connect Direct File Agent" Evidence="IA" Version="1.4.0.0" InstallDate="20160803T091835">
<Property Name="Publisher" Value="IBM Corp."/>
<Property Name="InstallLocation" Value="/usr/app/cd/file_agent"/>

(2) Solutions

I don't know enough about this software to comment on the implications (potential dangers?) of editing this file directly rather than using the proper IBM-supplied uninstall process to fully remove the software and its registration.

However based on the content of this file, the data you are seeing in the inventory NDI file looks like it is based on the following line in the com.zerog.registry.xml file:

<product name="IBM Sterling Connect Direct File Agent" id="10a8dd1d-1ec9-11b2-98aa-b3e108dcd43a" version="1.4.0.0" copyright="2011" info_url="" support_url="" location="/usr/app/cd/file_agent" last_modified="2016-08-03 09:18:35">

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(10) Replies

In the ARL, that evidence is mapped to an application named "Sterling Connect:Direct File Agent 1.4", which seems correct.

If FNMS is showing that an additional Sterling product is installed, then I would recommend that you look at the Evidence tab of the inventory device and see what raw evidence is being mapped to the other Sterling application.  I would look at both the raw Installer Evidence and the raw File Evidence.  On the File Evidence, you may see that an IBM Software Tag is incorrectly mapped in the ARL.

Hi

I have enclosed Evidence. Please suggest

@durgeshsingh - I guess that I do not understand what your issue is.  The evidence clearly shows that the Sterling Direct File Agent is installed.  In the ARL this is classified as "Component", and not as Commercial software.

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The evidence type of "IA" shown here indicates that this evidence about the software has come from InstallAnywhere package registry details on the computer.

Take a look at the following thread for some notes about where InstallAnywhere details might be found: How to find InstallAnywhere XML file path.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Sorry, posted my response to early.

To follow up, the Evidence Type of IA indicates that the installation evidence comes from InstallAnywhere.  This is similar to Oracle Installer Evidence, where there is an XML repository that contains all of the applications installed on a computer with InstallAnywhere.

Here is another thread in the community where you may be able to find the XML file where the agent is finding this evidence.

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Forum/How-to-find-InstallAnywhere-XML-file-path/td-p/204920

Do we need to clear that registry file.

I would not recommend that you simply delete the XML file because it may contain entries for other software applications installed with IA on this server that are still installed.

You will need to find that XML Registry File and open it with a Text Editor and delete the reference to the Sterling Agent.

Thanks Team.

Can suggest which entries can be deleted. I have enclosed file.

I don't know enough about this software to comment on the implications (potential dangers?) of editing this file directly rather than using the proper IBM-supplied uninstall process to fully remove the software and its registration.

However based on the content of this file, the data you are seeing in the inventory NDI file looks like it is based on the following line in the com.zerog.registry.xml file:

<product name="IBM Sterling Connect Direct File Agent" id="10a8dd1d-1ec9-11b2-98aa-b3e108dcd43a" version="1.4.0.0" copyright="2011" info_url="" support_url="" location="/usr/app/cd/file_agent" last_modified="2016-08-03 09:18:35">

Issue has solved post cleanup in xml file.